Wednesday, August 12, 2009

the 5 lamest reasons not to audition

So maybe you said "oh, I guess I'll audition," but there's still something holding you back from committing fully. Read this list, and see how the 5 lamest reasons not to audition aren't really reasons at all.

5. I'm too busy
This excuse only works if you are holding a full time job, taking full time classes, and also training for a marathon. We all are busy, and we all have alot of stuff on our plates. Eden Troupe is fun and rewarding, and while it does take time, it is time well spent. And trust me. Every person who does take a role is just as busy as you are. Now are you really going to let them steal your dream part?

4. I'm a Freshman and/or I'm waiting until next semester to do extracurriculars
Dear freshmen. Right now, you are living in the least busy semester of your life. Trust me. I'm a senior. I've lived through 6 semesters, and each one was a little bit busier than the last. Do the play NOW while you have more time than you will ever have.

3. None of my friends are trying out
There are two solutions to this problem. First: make your friends audition. They should be, anyway! Don't make someone go alone to auditions! But second, and perhaps more importantly, Eden Troupe does an amazing job of CREATING friendships. After you spend a semester working with someone on a play, you get to know people who otherwise might never have crossed your path. And that's part of what makes it so much fun!

2. I don't know anything about the play
This one's easy to fix.
Watch next week for Stephy's post with character bios and a summary of the play.
Read the Cliff's Notes
Go to your library! They have this book!

1. I have no acting skill/I've never done a play before
Have you lived in the world? Have you talked to people? Then you have acting skill. Previous dramatic experience is not a prerequisite for being in this play! How are you going to KNOW if you have acting skill if you don't TRY OUT and see? Also, you live at PHC. You know drama like the back of your hand. I know.

Remember -- come out to audition August 23rd and 24th!

No comments:

Post a Comment